Monday, June 4, 2018

EVEN IF....


It was a Monday afternoon, and I had my car radio blaring, as I often do, especially when a song I like is playing. Just as I arrived at my doctor’s appointment the song, EVEN IF, by Mercy Me was playing. I sat in the parking lot for just a moment and finished listening to it before going in to my appointment.

I was called back for my appointment and began the normal imaging process. The young woman and I engaged in conversation, and when she finished, she told me I could have a seat in a room across the hall. Shortly she came back in and said, “Mrs. Pratt, do you have time to wait for a little while? We may need additional imaging.” In that instant…fear gripped me. My mind began to race, and then I remembered what was playing on my radio just before I walked through the doors. So I googled the lyrics and began to read them.



They say sometimes you win some
Sometimes you lose some
And right now, right now I'm losing bad
I've stood on this stage night after night
Reminding the broken it'll be alright
But right now, oh right now I just can't
It's easy to sing
When there's nothing to bring me down
But what will I say
When I'm held to the flame
Like I am right now
I know you're able and I know You can
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
They say it only takes a little faith
To move a mountain
Well good thing
A little faith is all I have, right now
But God, when You choose
To leave mountains unmovable
Oh give me the strength to be able to sing
It is well with my soul
I know You're able and I know You can
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
I know the sorrow, and I know the hurt
Would all go away if You'd just say the word
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
You've been faithful, You've been good
All of my days
Jesus, I will cling to You
Come what may
‘Cause I know You're able
I know You can
I know You're able and I know You can
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
I know the sorrow, I know the hurt
Would all go away if You'd just say the word
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
It is well with my soul
It is well, it is well with my soul

Songwriters: Bart Marshall Millard / Benjamin Glover / Crystal Lewis / David Arthur Garcia / Tim Timmons

and then I wrote this email to my husband, Gary.

“Gary, I had to share ALL of the words of this song with you...because as I sit here in this waiting room anticipating test results that are suspicious...all kinds of thoughts and concerns are flooding my mind and my emotions!   Waiting is always the most difficult.    They have ordered further tests and want me to wait to consult with the radiologist....I’m concerned…I’m nervous.  This song is the last thing I heard before coming into this appointment.   So, as I sit here waiting, I’m TRUSTING...BELIEVING...Even If!   It Is Well With My Soul!”  

After further tests and consultations, I walked away from the appointment with relief that everything was going to be okay.

I share this with you because along this journey of life, there are moments when our peace is challenged.  I encourage you to TRUST in the One that is able and the One that can…Jesus.    When you do, you will find it will be well with your soul.

If this is the first time to read my blog, you may not know that I am a seven year cancer survivor, and I am GRATEFUL for every day.    I actually began blogging, because I lost my ability to communicate verbally,  while on the cancer journey.   Writing became my means of sharing the TRUSTING Journey.   

It has been a while since I posted to my blog, but I have continued to write and share through our magazine, GLIFE.     This was an article I shared in the Spring Edition of 2017.   I LOVE producing the magazine.  Every article shares FAITH, HOPE, AND TRUST. 

 If you would like to read GLIFE, go to our church website at,


Living and Loving Life!   GRATEFUL
Debbie 

No comments: