Thursday, May 5, 2011

EASTER WEEKEND

On Saturday morning, my baby sister, Fara, from Colorado came to spend a few days with us. I had not seen her since my TRUSTING journey began. It was an emotional reunion. So grateful that she could come and spend Easter weekend with us.

On Saturday night, she turned my recliner into a spa. She gave me a much needed massage and then gave me a manicure and pedicure. We had such a precious, priceless, sister moment. As we sat together letting our toes dry, we got so tickled at the differences in our toes. Fara said "you sure can't tell we are sisters by our toes!" We needed that laugh!
Even though I have limited voice, we found ways to communicate as only "sisters" can.
I LOVE SPENDING TIME WITH MY SISTERS!

Easter Sunday morning was awesome. We chose to attend the 3rd Service! Matt and Lisa made it in from Colorado in time to join us for worship. Following service, we had our family lunch at Mama Pratt's home.

and then we got silly...............
On Monday Shanda, Adolfo and Cinco arrived, as we were all preparing to take a family vacation following our Ordination Service.


It was a beautiful day, so we took a stroll to the bench.
Fara did so much to help prepare me for my Ordination on Tuesday. She took care of all the cooking, cleaning, laundry and packed my suitcase for our vacation. I don't know what I would have done without her help. Getting me packed was worse than packing for a baby:) I needed my vaporizer, I needed my pillows, I needed my blankets, I needed my medications, oh my the list of stuff................but they got me packed and we left on Tuesday afternoon headed to OKC for our Ordination.

Thank you Fara for attending to my every need and all the details!! I love you!

No comments: