Saturday, July 9, 2011

RESULTS FROM PT/CT SCAN

On June 28 I had my appointment with Dr. Nimeh for the results of the PT/CT Scan. As we entered the consultation room of the Cancer Center, I couldn't help but remember the first time we sat in this same room. As I sat with Dr. Nimeh, he informed me of the diagnosis and what the recommended treatment plan would be. Slowly, I began to feel the air being sucked out of my lungs. Although Dr. Nimeh prepared me for the journey that lay ahead of me, there was no way to truly have known how these past several months would unfold. What I do remember is, the whisper in my Spirit, "You will not have to face this journey alone." Indeed, I have not.





The results of the PT/CT Scan were clear of activity. PTL!




This past Friday, August 19, my radiation doctor released me. Although I will continue to see the oncologist, I am so grateful for the progress and the continued healing in my body.



Daily I gain strength, gain weight and grow hair :)




Most of you know that I REALLY like Oreo Blizzards (from Dairy Queen), Oreo Mixes (from Braums) and Oreo Wizzards (from Wayne's Drive Inn). Well, as of Friday I have gained back 5 of the 40 pounds I lost!!! WOOHOO!!!! I can't promise you that I will continue to inform you of my weight....................but for now, it is truly a HUGE, PRAISE THE LORD!!!




This is the first hamburger I had eaten in over 9 months! It took a long time to eat it, but I enjoyed EVERY bite. Thank you Gary for your patience and tender care for me, through it :)


Through the tears of joy and the pain that it took to eat it, I'm sure people around us thought we were a little strange. I will never take being able to eat for granted! I'M SO GRATEFUL!


Did I mention that there is a certain employee at Braum's, that the minute we walk through the door, she smiles and asks what size Oreo Mix I want?




No comments: