Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Caffeine Gift From Jesus


After I left the parking lot having stopped by our local Christian Bookstore, Salt Cellar,  I looked up and saw the STARBUCKS sign.  All of a sudden I thought…………….I want a Caramel Macchiato   There was NO one in line.    I placed my order and started driving to the window.   That’s when the thought hit me…………I should have called the office and ask if anyone else would like something……………..but it was too late, I was already at the window to pay.  As I rolled my window down and the rich aroma that is only identifiable with a stop at STARBUCKS hit me in the face and out of nowhere the TEARS started.  The young man told me how much it was and I handed him my card.  It was pretty noticeable that I was tearing up and he said, “are you ok?”   Trying to smile instead of doing the “BLUBBER” I said yes!   As he prepared my order,  the realization of another milestone to my “normal” life had just happened.  It has been almost 2 years since I have  ordered a Caramel Macchiato   (one of my favorite, comfort drinks before cancer).  I pretty much cried all the way back to the office.  As I apologized to everyone in the office for not calling to see if they too wanted their favorite comfort drink, I began to BLUBBER again, as they laughed at me and cried with me over my STARBUCKS run and my caffeine gift  from Jesus!



No comments: