Friday, February 25, 2011

TRUSTING - Day 10 -TGIF

I woke up Thankful that it was Friday!
My devotion reminded me that a grateful heart protects you from negative thinking. I determined I would go into treatment GRATEFUL. I have so much to be grateful for.
I am grateful for my precious husband. As I leave to go into Radiation, he sits in the waiting room, reading scripture and praying for me.
I had an experience this morning during my Radiation Treatment that I will never forget.
As I listened to the song "Deeper" on the PlanetShakers CD, I felt God's presence. He lifted me up and cradled me in His arms. His amazing peace surrounded me.
As we left the Cancer Center, I told Gary about the experience. I could still feel the presence of God. After I had shared with Gary, I picked up my phone and there was a text from a young man, whom I have never received a text from. The text read, "This is Carey Leighow, my prayer for you now is; Father, I pray you would allow Debbie to lay in your arms and you would nourish her body, mind and soul to make it through the test and trials the enemy has set before her" The peace that washed over the both of us, driving down Gore Blvd., was the unmistakable assurance that God had allowed me to lay in His arms and I was nourished.
I went home to rest for a while and at lunch, I was able to go to one of our favorite restaurants Julio's and have an enchilada with white cheese sauce!! PTL!

If you would like to listen to the song I referred to, follow this link:

No comments: