Saturday, February 26, 2011

TRUSTING - DAY 11 - SUNNY SATURDAY

I love this picture of Gary. What a beautiful day!


It was a beautiful Sunny Saturday. I haven't been too perky today, but that didn't diminish the fact that it was a beautiful day. This afternoon, Gary and I took a stroll out to the bench. I donned the new hat that my girlfriend, Virginia, brought by to me this morning (I think Gary was trying to get a picture of the "bling" butterfly on top of the hat:)

We sat in the sun, while Gary told me all about the Ceremonies he had attended. I was so sorry I wasn't able to attend these special occasions, but I enjoyed having him tell me all about them.

The first event of the morning was to honor our friend Dr. Kurtis Koll, at the Cameron Aggie Family and Friends Awards Lunch where Dr. Koll was inducted into the Cameron University Faculty Hall of Fame. Congratulations Dr. Koll!The next event was a Wedding Vow Renewal Ceremony for John and Marline Fotuaika. Gary said it was one of the sweetest ceremonies he has had the privilege of being a part of. Afterwards they hosted a Luau to celebrate with family and friends. Visiting with the family Gary found out that they were from Tonga. They were part of the church when Dwain and Jeanne Jones were missionaries in Tonga. You can imagine their surprise when they found out that we are very good friends with the Jones Family. WHAT A SMALL WORLD!! We couldn't wait to call Dwain and Jeanne and tell them about meeting this AWESOME family!


Thank you all for the cards, texts, messages on FaceBook, e-mails, and meals that I have received. Every spoken, and written word has been so much encouragement, and although I may not be able to respond to each one individually, please know that my heart is full of love and gratitude for you.

As Gary and I went to bed, although I had struggled throughout the day, we prayed that God would renew my strength for Sunday. GOD IS FAITHFUL!

No comments: