Tuesday, March 8, 2011

TRUSTING - DAY 20 - MONDAY MORNING MESSAGE

Monday morning at 8:47 a.m. I had just finished my morning devotion, preparing to get dressed for my radiation treatment at 9:45, when I received the following message from a friend that lived next door to us in Texas about 18 years ago. As I begin to read her message, tears streamed down my face:

"Debbie, When I think of you I am reminded once again how God's love is so vast. He moved you and Gary next door to us in TX just so I could be saved through your influence. When I learned a "preacher" was moving in next door, my first thought was, "Oh, brother..." But then I met you and your wonderful family. I had never met a cool Christian before and you were it, girl! You had your big earrings and colorful clothes, and I was amazed you didn't have to be dressed head-to-toe in muted colors, no earrings, and no smile. Boy, did you prove me wrong!! One of the greatest moments was when you came over to visit for a few minutes. We sat on the couch and I kept waiting for you to hammer me with the Bible. But instead of talking about the Lord, you just showed His love. You didn't mention His name and we just talked about "regular" things. At that time in my life, it was the biggest witness anyone could ever done. I also remember being out mowing the lawn on a Sunday and Gary came driving home. I expected him to shoot a look of disapproval because I was working in the yard instead of being in church. But instead he gave me one of his signature grins and a huge wave. Again, God's mercy and love came shining through. What an awesome God we serve that He would put you next door to us for that season. No telling how many other lives you have touched like that! Prayers, blessings and love to you, Debbie. You are such an example of how we should live and love.”

After reading Karen's message I thought, we really didn't do anything special Lord, we just loved them. And then I was reminded of the scripture in John 13:34-35

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

God saw through the span of time and knew that Karen and Bill needed to be LOVED. I'm so grateful to have been the neighbor that was privileged to LOVE them!

Karen, if you are reading my blog, thank you for sharing! Our lives have been richly blessed by your friendship!

I continue to hear from friends from all over the world (literally). From Africa, to Ireland, to Mexico, and states across the nation! So very grateful to be a part of God's family! Your prayers are sustaining me!

No comments: