Friday, March 25, 2011

TRUSTING - DAY 36 - It's All About HIM!!

Wednesday is my early day. Arrive for Radiation at 8:30, met with the Doctor and it was good news, I had only lost 1 1/2 (opposed to the near 5 pounds I had lost the week before). The doctor said I was doing well, to continue doing what I was doing, because it was working for me.
What I have been doing is TRUSTING! So, as I continue to TRUST, I want to thank you all for the prayers you are praying on my behalf daily! I am being sustained.
While they prepared me for my IV, Gary had gone out to the front desk to take care of some business, when he returned he had this crocheted hat. Volunteers bring them to the center to give to patients going through treatment. It is very warm. I felt like I had received a BIG HUG!


This round of Chemo went rather smoothly. We returned home around 3:00. I took a long nap and when I woke up, it was time for Gary to go to church and for Linda to come sit with me.
Linda has such a nurturing spirit. Among the staff, we say "Linda has a need to feed" She often prepares meals to share with others. She has been such a blessing to me on Wednesday nights. She has done more than feed me physically, she has fed my soul.

I felt good enough to go for a short walk out to the "first" bench. It was a little cool, but it felt so good to be out!

Thank you Linda for the Wednesday nights that you have cared for me, whether I felt strong enough to visit, or too weak to fully function. You have gone over and beyond your call of duty. This isn't in your "job description". It has been a ministry of the heart, that I am deeply grateful for.

No comments: