Monday, March 28, 2011

TRUSTING - DAY 37 - YELLOW BOX SHOE FRIEND

Last August, I had the privilege of speaking to the District Directors of Women's Ministries at Seminar in Springfield, Missouri. It was such a great time of connecting with the incredible women in leadership all across our Fellowship! On the last night, we loaded up on a bus and went to Branson to enjoy some of the great entertainment that Branson offers. We of course had to make a stop at Branson Landing to give all of us a chance to do a "little shopping". Have you ever had a very brief conversation with someone and instantly your hearts were knitted together? Well that happened that evening with a young woman named Angela. She is the Director for the Northwest District. We shared a fantastic meal together and then took off shopping. Those of you who know me, know that I am ALWAYS looking for a bargain. I told Angela that I had seen some SHOES on sale and wanted to go check them out. They were having a huge sale on Yellow Box Shoes!! She said she hadn't heard of them, so I felt the NEED to introduce her to them:) All in all we had the best time and bought some shoes (imagine that!)

Since that time Angela and I have stayed in touch. She has such a refreshing, encouraging spirit of FAITH! When she found out that I was facing treatments, she was very quick to send me encouraging messages.

One day recently when I was experiencing an "OTHER" day, I received a package in the mail from Angela. GUESS what it was!!!! YEP, a pair of YELLOW BOX SHOES. She said she chose the style because it is named "Debbie", and that she bought herself a pair also, and when she wears them she will be reminded to pray for me.

NOW, DON'T TELL ME SHOPPING IS NOT A SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Love you sweet Angela!

No comments: